This was an important, informative and fun-filled event providing hands on experience around e-learning, business and entertainment applications running over Ultrafast Broadband (UFB) and other connectivity tools.
The Expo is a digital enablement event that supports growth for SME business and enhance consumer awareness of digital technologies that support living in a technologically advanced world.
The focus of the Expo was on:
- How to take a business from being non digital to becoming connected
- New Technology that will help older people live at home safely and for longer
- Demystifying the benefits of UFB and making it fun & safe for young people, parents & seniors
- Showcasing new technologies already working in schools & educational institutions and the different approaches to learning
The Expo featured a series of workshops that targeted each day’s activities with UFB being the underlying tool for business growth, education and fun.
Expo Outcomes included:
- Establish digital connectivity as a core platform for economic growth in the region.
- De-mystify the application of UFB to SMEs so that they can adopt what is relevant to their business.
- Identify & strengthen key networks in the digital and ICT space.
- Involve young people in using digital connectedness to explore work opportunities in the region.
- Build strong partnerships with young people & an older population using digital ambassadors as a driver of communication and care.
- Involve the wider community in ongoing digital growth in the region.
- Promote Kapiti as a “smart” region which attracts investors, businesses and young entrepreneurs. That is – a smart place to live.
- Position Kapiti as a satellite for small business start-ups by aligning with Wellington’s ICT strategy.
Check out Vendor Information and contact details here.